Each Stetson hat is crafted with world renowned quality and by using some of the below tips and tricks, you can trust your hat will last.
- The best way to store your hat is upside down on its crown to stop the brim from flattening out. Ensure the surface is clean or store in a hat box.
- Dust and loose dirt should be dusted off using a brush. Brush in a counter-clockwise motion starting at the left side of the hat.
- Avoid exposing your hat to the heat from stoves, radiators, lamps, car windows and enclosed cars in the summer. The combination of the heat and perspiration will shrink the sweatband.
- To keep perspiration from penetrating the fur felt, occasionally turn down the leather sweatband so it can dry out. If you have a light coloured hat that becomes spotted with water or grease, simply clean using a little baby talc powder or corn starch. No liquid cleaner should be used.
- Your hat will last a lifetime if you follow these important instructions
- Note: If your hat gets wet, simply shake off the excess water and turn down the leather sweatband. This will allow the hat to dry naturally. When the hat is wet avoid the brim touching the surface and avoid heat. This can reactivate the felting process and cause shrinkage.
- For straw hats: use a mild soap solution such as softly and water and a very soft brush. Equally, baby wipes can work also. The hat should be left to dry at room temperature.
Still want to know more? Go ahead and send us an email via out contact us page and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!